Some answers to frequently asked questions are below. If your query is not included, please email us at email@example.com and our team will be happy to help you.
As of 11.59pm, Monday 12 September 2022, New Zealand’s COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) ends. Find out what you need to know below.
Any library closures, changes of hours or services?
All branches are currently open.
What changes with the Framework ending?
With the framework ending, the following recommendations are in place to keep staff and the community safe:
- Mask – You are not required to wear a face mask in our libraries, however, you may still choose to – if so, it does not need to be a medical-grade mask; you can wear a fabric mask or other type of mask/face covering of your choice.
- Be Kind – our people will be doing their best to offer our full range of services and facilities. Library customers and staff may be wearing masks to keep themselves safe from illness, so please be kind and respectful.
- Please stay home if you’re unwell, or if you have COVID-19. Please keep your library items at home as we will extend loans and/or waive any charges until you are well enough to return them. We have plenty of eResources available to use while you recover.
For help, call us on 04 801 4040 during office hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry of Health is asking people to stay home to help stop the spread of COVID-19 if they test positive. More information is available on the Ministry’s website — what to do if you test positive (covid19.govt.nz)
- Use EFT-POS or other contactless payments if you can. We will accept cash but prefer not to for hygiene reasons.
- We’re keeping up with our regular cleaning and vigilant onsite hygiene.
Library customers can continue to access a huge range of online resources at our eLibrary. This includes eBooks, magazines, movies, and online courses.
On-site events and programming have resumed – please check the Event Calendar and Libraries’ social media for any updates.
Are events, like storytimes, running?
Yes, we have resumed events and programmes from Tuesday 7 June 2022. From time to time, we may have to postpone or cancel events if there are staff shortages and we will give as much notice as possible if this happens.
Check the Event Calendar and Libraries’ social media for any updates.
If you’re unwell, please stay home until you’ve recovered.
Can I return my books through the after-hours slots in our libraries?
Yes, you can return items if your local library has an after-hours slot. All our libraries apart from Arapaki Manners Library and He Matapihi Molesworth Library have after-hours slots — so please return them during opening hours at those branches. Te Awe Library is nearby these libraries in the CBD and does have an after-hours slot, by its Panama Street entrance.
What online library services can I use while isolating or recovering from COVID-19?
You can access a huge range of online resources at our eLibrary. This includes eBooks, magazines, movies, and online courses.
Library customers can also arrange for a friend or family member to borrow items; let us know in advance, and we can note this on your library card.
We also offer home delivery for items people reserve at a cost. You can find out more on our Home Delivery page, or contact the team on 04 801 4040.