Is this the right service for you?
Home delivery by courier is available as an option when you reserve individual items in our library catalogue. This is a charged service.
Any library member can request the home delivery service. Information on joining the library.
Any item in Wellington City Libraries' collection which is available for loan can be reserved for home delivery by courier.
- $5 Delivery within the Wellington region (Wellington, Porirua, Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt)
- $10 Per courier bag rest of New Zealand (for our Out of Towner library members)
- Extra charges as applicable ($2 extra per item if you are a rental borrower, any related rental fees)
Please note: If you've selected more than one item for Home Delivery, we do our best to be aware of this and try and deliver multiple items together (thus incurring one delivery charge). However, this may not always be possible. The best course of action is to get in contact with us and we will do our best to help - ph. 04 801 4040
These charges will be placed on your library card and will need to be paid the next time you visit a library.
We also have online and phone payment options.
Requesting home delivery
To request home delivery, you can either:
- Place a reserve using our online catalogue, and choose "Home Delivery" as your pick-up branch
- Call your local library, and ask our librarians to do this for you over the phone
- Fill out a paper request form at our libraries - selecting "Home Delivery" as your pick-up branch
Check your address
Please note that the address your item(s) will be delivered to will be the one listed on your library card.
If you think the address listed on your card might not be correct, we recommend phoning (ph. 04 801 4040) to check before selecting home delivery.
- 3 working days (weekdays)
- For urgent delivery, contact the ProSearch Team - email, phone +64 04 801 4059 or fax +64 04 801 4088
Normal loan periods for items apply.
Please note: The loan period begins when the item is issued at the library, before it is sent to you.
- Items can be returned to any Wellington City Libraries branch
- The return of library items is the responsibility of the borrower
- Items will come with an issue slip giving the date due